Today the second time your phone has been forgotten somewhere? Can’t concentrate properly at work? You’re learning and there’s nothing stuck? Lack of concentration affects us all from time to time.
If the problem only occurs sometimes, it is perfectly normal. Stupid only if the lack of concentration has become a constant companion. But don’t worry, even then hops and malt are far from lost.
In most cases, the lack of concentration has concrete causesthat you can target. What exactly you can do, you can find here.
We looked at:
- What is lack of concentration, what causes it is and by what symptoms you recognize it.
- What it is about the lack of concentration in children and how the causes differ from those in adults.
- Which home remedies and medications best help against low concentration.
At the end, the most important information is again available as a summary. But let’s start at the beginning:
What is lack of concentration and what are the causes?
Concentration weakness or a concentration disorder is when you have problems focusing attention on a particular activity for a long time.
The causes can be as broad as the definition:
- Overstimulation, stress, overwork, burnout
- Circulatory disorder of the brain
- Certain allergies
- Lack of sleep, sleep disorders
- Vitamin or mineral deficiency
- Mild concussions
- Chronic fatigue syndrome
- Side effects of certain medicines
- Alcohol or drug use, or withdrawal
- Attention Disorders (ADS/ADHD)
Suspicion of lack of concentration? You should definitely avoid these things
With this multitude of possible causes, it is no wonder that sooner or later we all become acquainted with concentration problems.
You probably know the symptoms of low concentration:
- Problems maintaining attention
- Thoughtlessness (you often make mistakes or mishaps)
- Problems making decisions
- You can’t think clearly
- Problems sitting still
Do you suffer more often from one or more of these problems? You can do something about the lack of concentration: take care of a healthier lifestyle!
Avoid these things:
- Too much coffee: Although the black broth gives you an energy boost due to the caffeine contained, too much of it is harmful. Energylessness and lack of concentration can also be a consequence.
- Too much sugar: Beware of the sugar shock! Sugar (in the form of glucose) is the fuel of your brain. However, this works best in moderation. Too much sugar at once makes you tired.
- Too much stress: We all know that stress cannot always be avoided. However, you should try to keep your stress level as low as possible. Make ample balance and movement.
- Too little sleep: Sleep is extremely important for our brain health. Especially if you get too little night’s sleep permanently, your concentration suffers.
Chronic lack of concentration can also indicate serious health problems. If it is associated with severe headaches, memory loss, disorientation, numbness or chest pain, you should definitely consult your doctor.
But don’t worry: a lack of concentration from time to time is usually perfectly normal.
What about low concentration in children?
Focused work, learning, attention in the classroom. The ability to concentrate is essential to our school careers. Especially in children, a lack of concentration is therefore a problem.
The tendency of low concentration in children is increasing. However, the notorious ADHD (an attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder) is not always behind it.
Often the school pressure is simply too much for the children. The resulting stress eventually leads to problems with sleep and concentration. Exam anxiety can also be a reason.
This is mainly due to compensation activities. Sports, hobbies or even child-friendly relaxation exercises should not be neglected.
From a medical point of view, other problems of low concentration in children are often the cause: visual, writingor numeracy weaknesses are often diagnosed only during school and can lead to long-term difficulties with concentration.
You can do this if you don’t have concentration
A herb has grown against every evil. This guiding principle also applies to the lack of concentration. In addition to a healthier lifestyle, these means in particular can helpyour attention:
The best home remedies for low concentration
- Regularly take breaks between work. Your brain can only spend the energy for full concentration for a certain period of time.
- Yoga and other relaxation exercises provide the necessary balance. Sport is also important.
- Cross-cross exercises (for example, touching the right knee with your left hand) activate both hemispheres of the brain and can bring back your concentration.
- Drink enough water. It should be two litres a day.
- Certain plants, herbs and spices are also said to have a positive effect on the brain. Particularly popular are: black pepper, cinnamon, ginseng, turmeric and cloves
Which medications help to combat low concentration?
Lack of concentration can also be treated medically. However, the type of medication strongly depends on the diagnosis. For example, antidepressants or nutrient deficiency supplements can help with depression, while ADHD uses the drug Ritalin.
As you now know, there are many reasons for problems with concentration. Without a medical diagnosis to rely on strong drugs such as psychotropic drugs against low concentration is therefore not a good idea.
If you suspect that your concentration problems are the result of an illness, it means nothing like going to the family doctor or the family doctor. They can help you get to the bottom of the problem.
All information at a glance
We are all aware of concentration problems. If you want to tackle this in a targeted way, there are some tips and tricks that promise long-term help.
Here again the most important information summarized:
- From time to time, lack of concentrationis completely normal. Only if it lasts for a long time and occurs in connection with other problems, you should seek medical advice.
- Pay attention to a healthy lifestyle. Avoid stress as well as too much alcohol and sugar. Also make sure your brain gets all the important nutrients.
- Balancing is important and helps your concentration. Sports, relaxation exercises and regular breaks are good for your brain.
- Medications only help under certain circumstances and should always be ordered by the doctor.
- If children show lack of concentration, there is often something else behind it. Here, too, medical advice helps.
Das könnte Dich auch interessieren:
Miracle cure red wine? How to get OPC vegan
Is Q10 vegan? What you should consider with Q10 as a vegan
Which dietary supplements are suitable for vegans
Vegan vitamins? How to get the vitamin B complex vegan.
These foods provide you with vegan vitamin C
Why iodine is particularly important in a vegan diet
Magnesium vegan? Why not!