OPC/grape seed extract with vitamin C
What is OPC?
Oligomeric proanthocyanidins, or OPC for short, belong to the polyphenols and provide a group of important plant substances. OPC are naturally present in guts, shells and core housings. Grape seeds and skins in particular are prolific suppliers. OPC have excellent antioxidant properties.
The nutrient spectrum is also supplemented by the antioxidant vitamin C.
EU Health Claims
According to EFSA (European Food Safety Authority), the following statements on the effect of the ingredients of OPC with vitamin C are admissible or are currently being examined:
- Grape seed extract is considered an antioxidant
- Grape seed extract contributes to normal skin function
- Grape seed extract supports the normalization of the cardiovascular system
- Grape seed extract is good for blood pressure
- Grape seed extract supports normal vascular health
- Vitamin C contributes to the normal function of the immune system
- Vitamin C contributes to normal collagen formation for normal blood vessel function
- Vitamin C helps protect cells from oxidative stress
- Vitamin C contributes to normal cognitive function
Blog posts with OPC:
|Nutrients||Per daily dose (1 capsule)||Nrv|
|Vitamin C||12.0 mg||15%|
|from Camu-Camu extract||48.0 mg||–|
|Grape seed extract||464.3 mg||–|
|of which OPC||325 mg||–|
Grape seed extract (Vitis vinifera; 70 oligomeric proanthocyanidins (OPC)), coating agent: hydroxypropyl methylcellulose, release agent: magnesium salts of fatty acids, camu camu extract 4:1 (Myrciaria dubia, 25 vitamin C)